Disclaimer and acknowledgements
All your actions with your phone are at your own risk; the author of this ROM is not liable.
This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 12.1 sources with own modifications (which are open-sourced on GitHub). I’d like to acknowledge the following people for their respective efforts:
- @axet and @fire855 for the general MTK porting efforts
- @DerTeufel for the information regarding to the MTK GPS implementation
- 2015/10/06 17:15 First (translated) release
Bugs fixed since last release
- Added incremental (not block-based, however) OTA package
- Fixed some SIM cards not being recognized and FDD baseband not working
- Fixed being unable to initialize Wi-Fi hotspot (kludgy; more elegant solution pending)
- Fixed PLMN name
UNICOMnot being correctly localized as China Unicom
- Fixed Trebuchet crashing on long-pressing app icon when quick search bar is not present
- Fixed LTE being not selectable as preferred network in Settings app
Known bugs and limitations
- FDD baseband cannot attach to UMTS networks
- Proximity sensor not properly working in some circumstances
- Unable to revert from setting USB option to Charging-only
- Audio is not properly re-routed on connecting Bluetooth audio
- Unable to pair with some Bluetooth (BLE?) devices
- FLAC decoding and playback is not supported
Currently only builds for Android edition MX4 are available, but phones of the Ubuntu Edition should be compatible too.
# MD5 acb1a59defa33c675d5f6ae7ffdf6b8e cm-12.1-20151005-UNOFFICIAL-mx4-fixedboot-signed.zip 14c2f1c6725c077d5e42d33384600a74 ota-mx4-20150930-20151005-fixedscript-signed.zip # SHA-1 c6087bcef198d43a6f5d82ffe14d0f5e6f203610 cm-12.1-20151005-UNOFFICIAL-mx4-fixedboot-signed.zip 36abce0adfc89d497f2c2f1245724468be09b85a ota-mx4-20150930-20151005-fixedscript-signed.zip # SHA-256 2ab8dc425a0efc9bceb3159695ca24ab4bc258f6b4d38c69fe6d60c248876cd8 cm-12.1-20151005-UNOFFICIAL-mx4-fixedboot-signed.zip 3a1d80beace4ad74564fcdc5850a1c6d0a92cc551e208dc8b46946e6eb86cffc ota-mx4-20150930-20151005-fixedscript-signed.zip # SHA-512 f23864225f2a98f326040cea86572fae94b27f6f8a7b6b283a44dcf5cb6daf4d4e7fd28fb80d249ab4ff9c35714ab54f72642afeead04f8c889f6a4bc5802840 cm-12.1-20151005-UNOFFICIAL-mx4-fixedboot-signed.zip 4be527b5e96f0cae07c9f110612045a79291e304c07f37c1c745d719afc83bf0a19e218b7bf36c67f0ad12791ebc3f754db309ecccd16b7a4355981dc9e800cd ota-mx4-20150930-20151005-fixedscript-signed.zip
You need to have your Meizu MX4 unlocked, the tutorial can be found [here][unlocking-tutorial].
After unlocking just flash as usual; remember to wipe your
/data partition if
you’re coming from Flyme or Ubuntu Touch or generally any incompatible system.
- Cellular network
- There may well be no signal at first boot, please toggle on and off flight mode for the telephony component to re-initialize itself.
- more to come later
I do Android porting mainly for personal use and fun, but as a matter of fact I sometimes find myself struggling to achieve the standards I strive for, as a graduate student still learning his way into the industry and having things to take care of besides coding. If you appreciate my work, please kindly consider donating something equivalent to a beer or two. I will use the donations to support my porting work and studies. PayPal and Alipay payments are accepted: